Home NewsOndo State News Ondo Libya Returnees Reunite With Families As Akeredolu Distributes Relief Materials, Cash

Ondo Libya Returnees Reunite With Families As Akeredolu Distributes Relief Materials, Cash

by ondoevents
0 comment

The 23 Ondo State indigenes who were among the immigrants who recently returned from Libya may not have any difficulty in going back home and reunite with their families as the State Government on Wednesday 24th January, 2018, distributed some relief items and money to them as part of efforts by the State to assist in reintegrating them back into the society.

Last week, the State Government through the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development made arrangements to bring the returnees who are indigenes of Ondo State to Akure the State Capital from Port Harcourt, Rivers State where they landed. They were lodged, treated and counselled for days.

When it was time for them to go back to their various homes and reunite with their families, Ondo State Governor , Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, addressed the returnees.
Akeredolu, who was represented by his Deputy, Alfred Agboola Ajayi advised them not to feel inferior but blend with the society.

He urged the youths of the country to always think of Nigeria first because what they were looking for outside was in the country in abundance if only they could think outside the box and harness their potentials.

“I have seen that you are looking more better than the time you came to Ondo State. You are free to move about and do your legitimate business.

“We are not saying our citizens should not travel abroad, but travel in a legitimate way. Don’t look for what is not missing,” he said.

The Governor assured them of adequate support especially if they were ready to learn any skill or trade.

Earlier, the commissioner for Women Affairs and Socio-Developoment, Mrs Omowumi Olatunji-Edet, said her office was always open for any of the returnees should the need arise.

Olatunji-Edet promised to continue to make life more meaningful for them, saying government would not abandon them.

Mrs Olatunji Edet further explained that the returnees were properly handed over to their respective families

“I want to believe that as a Government, we have received them and we are now handing them over to their parents. We have encouraged them to continue to live decent lives. We will continue to follow up because even the Federal Government, the Security Agencies are all involved”, she said.

The returnees thanked the Federal Government, Ondo State Government and the Ministry for rescuing them from Libya and taking good care of them since they returned.

The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Dr (Mrs) Dupe Eshofonie narrated what the Ministry went through to bringing them down from Port Harcourt and locating their families.

They urged the government not to ignore them even as they were leaving for their respective families with the attendant challenges.

You may also like

Leave a Comment