Omogbehin assures Ondo South indigenes of restoration of power
Hon. Mike Adeniyi Omogbehin, Member, House of Representatives, Okitipupa/Irele Federal Constituency have assured indigenes of his constituency of restoration of power.
He said that the meeting which included him, some monarchs and some prominent sons and daughters from the Southern Districts of the state with the Hon. Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Raji Fashola in Abuja on Monday was yielding fruits.
This was contained in a statement signed by Omogbehin on Tuesday.
The statement read: ” My dearest constituents. Yesterday, the long standing problem of power outage in our constituency and by extension the entire southern senatorial district was finally brought before the executive for urgent intervention and solutions. ”
“I need not emphasis on the personalities who formed part of the team on this mission but, wish to state that our royal fathers and prominent sons and daughters of our constituency were present.”
He added that some of the resolution reached at the meeting are as follows:
1. The honourable minister appologise on behalf of federal government for the agonising period we have gone through.
2. The honourable minister promised to quicken action on steeping down electricity currents from Omotosho power plant for our benefits as a host community.
3. He advised us to put together a document articulating technical and professional defaults against BEDC to NERC.
4. The community should embarked on sourcing funds to pay part of claims by BEDC as a show of good faith to assist them in replacing dilapidated infrastructures.
5. The honorable minister promised to assist BEDC where necessary.
6. Finally, our case was refered to the Director of power distribution for further deliberation and actions.
“From the above, while we have not exactly gotten to our desired goal, it could however, be deduced that we have moved steps towards achieving our aims.
On my part, I promise to continue to work with our leaders and to further pursue my advocacy by leveraging on the new window of a working relationship with the director of distribution.”
“I thank you for your endurance, I crave your further patient and understanding.”