Gov Akeredolu sets up Committee On State owned Tractors and Heavy Duty Vehicles
The move, according to Governor Akeredolu, became necessary because of the need to put in clear perspective the status of all state- owned tractors, construction equipment and heavy duty vehicles.
In a statement signed by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Segun Ajiboye, the members of the committee are: Mr Gbenga Olaniyi (Chairman), Mr. S Sheriff Adeyemo (Secretary).
Other members of the committee are Engineer M.J Afeniforo; Engineer Femi Adebayo and Engineer Idowu Akinro.
The committee’s terms of reference are:
1. To ascertain location of the state owned tractors, construction equipment and heavy duty vehicles across the state.
2. To determine current status of all the equipment in relation to various conditions; which are : good, serviceable, unserviceable, scraps or vandalized.
3. To produce detailed inventory of the equipment to capture; type, make, year produced, year of procurement, cost of purchase amongst others.
4. To make appropriate recommendations to the state government in respect of proper application of the equipment.
5. Finally, to make any other recommendations that may assist the state government accordingly.
The committee has four weeks to submit its report.