Fayemi directs reinstated LG Chairmen to resume work
Sequel to the resolution of the Ekiti State House of Assembly directing eight council chairmen, their deputies and elected councillors to return to their respective offices, the State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, has directed that the eight council chairmen be reinstated accordingly.
The Governor also directed that the remaining eight local governments be administered by Coordinating Directors, pending further resolutions by the State House of Assembly.
The eight reinstated council chairmen are:
- Hon Bamisile Clement – Ado local Government
- Hon. Abiodun Dada — Ijero Local Government
- Hon Dapo Olagunju – Irepodun/Ifelodun Local Government
- Hon Ayodeji Daniel – Ekiti West Local Government
- Hon. Akin Ogidi — Gbonyin Local Government
- Hon. Femi Ayeni — Moba Local Government
- Hon Omolase Joseph Olanrewaju – Ekiti South West Local Government
- Hon. Olukayode Abiola Racheal – Ikole Local Government
The Coordinating Directors for the remaining eight local governments are:
- Mr Aluko Ayodele — Oye Local Government
- Mr Aina Sesan — Ilejemeje Local Government
- Mr Adeola W.A. — Ido-Osi Local Government
- Andero S.O. — Ekiti East Local Government
- Engr Ogunsakin G.T. — Ise-Orun Local Government
- Engr. Bayo Akinola — Emure Local Government
- Mrs Toba Ojo — Ikere Local Government
- Mr. Awopetu Lawrence Omotunde- Efon Local Government
According to the Governor’s directive, the reinstated Council Chairmen and the Coordinating Directors are to resume work at their respective local government councils on Monday, 15th, July 2019.