The Leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in South West Nigeria held a consultative meeting at the Ondo State International Culture and Events Centre (The Dome) Akure, Ondo State, on 4th May, 2016. Delegation at the meeting included the top leadership of the PDP from Lagos, Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti and Ondo States, as well as the Governors of Ondo and Ekiti States. Also present were special guests of South West extraction from the academia, elder statesmen, public sector practitioners, professionals, youths and students.
The meeting discussed, among other things, the urgent need to re-energise the structure of the PDP in all the South West states and Nigeria at large.
At the end of the deliberation, we the leaders of the PDP in the South West resolved as follows:
1. That the time is ripe for all members of the PDP in the Southwest to forge a common front and pursue a common agenda towards occupying their destined leadership position in Nigeria.
2. That despite the challenges confronting the PDP, the Southwest caucus has agreed to unite and confront the challenges that is facing the Yoruba race in Nigeria.
3. That members of the PDP has agreed to rise up beyond personal interests to confront crucial national issues that affects us as a race especially the thriving menace of the Fulani herdsmen.
4. That the meeting notes with dismay the poor state of the national economy and feel terribly sad that the current ruling party has not demonstrated the capacity to contain the economic challenges with attendant dwindling fortunes that has reversed almost all the economic gains recorded under the PDP.
5. That developments in the sphere of elections, is becoming disturbing and from all indications, the accomplishments recorded by the last PDP Government as regards the conduct of credible elections, are beginning to wane. The Southwest PDP wish to put on record our dissatisfaction with the performance of the electoral body under the ruling party as all the elections the APC has so far superintended have ended as inconclusive!
6. That the PDP will not shy away from effectively playing the role of an opposition. This role is crucial to democratic survival and the Party shall continually make Nigerians look up to it as a credible alternative to the ruling party.
7. That we commend the on-going conscious efforts of the Party in ensuring genuine reconciliation of aggrieved party leaders and members towards ensuring that we become stronger.
8. That the party will continue to encourage the collaboration of the old and the younger generation while it will do everything possible to allow fresh minds and fresh ideas to thrive.
9. That this meeting noted the Party Posts zoned to the Southwest viz: National Secretary, National Publicity Secretary, National Auditor and Zonal Executive Committee. To this end, a structured Committee was set up to equitably distribute the positions amongst the six member states.
10. That we welcome Governor Adewolu Rashidi Ladoja back to the fold of our Party as evidenced by his representatives at this meeting.
11. That we resolve therefore to fully back and work for the re-invigoration of the PDP.
We the undersigned, on behalf of all PDP leaders of the South West fully subscribe to the above resolutions and recommendations today 4h May, 2016.
Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, CON ____________________________
H.E Dr Ayodele Fayose ____________________________
Chief Olabode George _____________________________
Chief Ebenezer Babatope _____________________________
H.E. Iyiola Omisore, Ph.D _____________________________
H.E Alhaji Lasisi Oluboyo ______________________________
Sen. Adeseye Ogunlewe _____________________________
Oloye Jumoke Akinjide ____________________________
Hon Mulikat Akande ____________________________
Rt. Hon Jumoke Akindele ______________________________
Alhaji Jelili Adesiyan ____________________________
Chief Segun Adegoke _____________________________
Dr. Doyin Okupe ____________________________
Mr. Jimi Agbaje ____________________________
Engr. Jide Adeniji ____________________________
Alh Tajudeen Oladipo _____________________________
Dr. Saka Balogun _____________________________
Prof Taoheed Adedoja_____________________________
Engr Clement Faboyede _____________________________
Elder Joju Dadairo _____________________________
Akogun Bisi Jinadu _____________________________
Engr Bashir Awotorebo _____________________________
Senator Adeseun Ayoade _____________________________
Barr. Ojo Williams _____________________________
Barr. Niyi Owolade _____________________________
Chief Folorunso Akintade _____________________________
Barr. Gboyega Oguntuwase _____________________________
Chief Bola Olu-Ojo _____________________________